Image: Kaarle Hurtig
Two designers under the spotlight - two creative minds untangled!
In ‘Featured Designer' we untangle designer minds through five up front questions.
Our sixth designer under the spotlight is not one, but two creative minds behind the 'socially-minded' design think tank OK Do - Jenna Sutela and Anni Puolakka. The duo is split between London and Paris.
1. What drives you?
- People, new situations, curious frames of mind, books, errors, sporadic words (cf. dictionary), images, music, films, autumn, emptiness, questions and answers.
2. Where do you do your best thinking?
- On the way, in the shower, in Google Docs, whilst having a cup of tea or coffee, during conversations and lessons, at home, 'camping' at each others places, in nightdresses.
3. Who would you love to collaborate with?
- Paul Laffoley, Tove Jansson, David Lynch, Serpentine Gallery, NASA, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Palais de Tokyo, Bruno Latour, Vuokko Nurmesniemi, Kazuyo Sejima, an educational institution and a city, The Finnish Institute in Londonin... and other exciting people and institutions.
4. What is the biggest challenge in today's society?
- Turning the current nostalgia to constructive modernism and diminishing social gaps. And to find balance between specialism and generalism.
5. Where would you like to be 2020?
- Wikipedia, that moment and in the year 2120.
. . .